Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to school





After a crazy year off I have decided to finish my schooling at WSU. With most of my gen eds out of the way I will be concentrating on my accounting degree.






I never thought going back to school would have me really excited, but this time I am. I am ready to tackle out rest of my college life and head off to a true career. Over the years I have debated and tossed around ideas of what I wanted to be when I grew up but now I am grown up and it still seems I haven't completely decided what to do. I have chosen accounting because I love working with numbers and always having a straight answer. I have always loved math and doing anything with it. Although I am not completely sure this is what I will want to do the rest of my life I know having a degree and especially one in accounting will leave a lot of opportunity to go in many different directions.

A lot of things change when you finally grow up and realize you have to be serious about your life and the next steps you are taking. Getting married, buying a house, and talking about children in the future made me understand all this. Its time I got myself together and finished school. I know I need to do this not only for myself but for my husband and our family. After Austin got laid off in march it made this even more clear. Not knowing what I wanted to do was not an option. Not wanting to work and go to school was not an option. Sucking it up and finishing was the clear and only option. I can only pray that I will stay on track this time around and finish what I started. I am lucky to have the opportunity to get higher education and I know with the support of my family and Austin on me this will end up being one of the best experiences of my life.

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!