Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beating the Summer Heat

This summer has been hot.

Really hot.

In the summer there is nothing I like more than to lay in a pool and tan.

I don't have a pool.
I don't have a YMCA membership that allows me to sit in their pools
This is what I have.


A $10 baby pool from Wal-Mart

No complaining on my end, it does the trick.
Lucky for me, I am just small enough to lay perfectly in this pool.
Not only does it keep me cooled off but it is shallow enough that my hair doesn't get wet and turn into a crazy mess.

And my favorite snack to enjoy while laying in my sweet pool..

Mixed berry smoothie

I have always loved smoothies and last summer started testing ways to make my own.

After many tries I found the perfect combination of ingredients

Want to know how to make it??

Well, I will tell you whats in it but I don't have measurements. I pretty much just wing it from sight.

Approximately...


1 cup milk
1 sugar packet
1 cup frozen mixed berries (or fruit of your choice)
1 Tbs. honey
3-4 ice cubes

Blend and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!