Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ginger Off


Sunday Austin and I decided we wanted to build a gingerbread house. We asked my sister Brooke to get one too and we could have a contest.





Let me start by saying that Brooke is not the craftiest person I know, and Austin is a perfectionist.




Brooke started off on the wrong foot when she cut the hole to the frosting too big, it all went down hill from there.




After we got the foundations up we had to let them dry for 15 minutes. We went and played Rock Band, as the 3 of us always do. I would have pictures of our sweet band, Salt Horse Soul, but it was too hard to play guitar and take pictures.
After the houses were dry we began decorating. Again Brooke went about it differently than Austin and I. Mid way through decorating her roof came off! She even put the wreath on upside down. She went with the snow storm look and put frosting everywhere.






Brooke also claimed that her house was the future of gingerbread houses.




Austin's house


Mom declared that in the end we both won, Brooke for creativity and Austin and I for following instructions.


It was a fun night and I was happy to spend time with my sister. Even though she is back for a little over a month, its hard to find time to spend with her with work and separate schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!