Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recipe Book

Week 3

Formally known as What's For Dinner, I have changed the name considering I will be posting more than just dinner recipes. This week for example I made a tasty treat!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Bars


I never claimed these would be new and exciting, just quick and delicious

What you need:


1 Quick Cookie Bar Crust
1/2 cup (1 stick) soft unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Directions:

Prepare crust as directed, let cool


Soften butter with mixer and slowly add both sugars

Add one egg at a time completely beating each before adding the next

Add vanilla, salt, and flour

Fold in chocolate chips with spoon

Place on top of crust and bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes

Remove from pan and place on cooling rack in fridge for 1-2 hours


Cut and serve


**The middle was sooo soft and delicious!!**

I did have a slight falling out when transferring from pan to cookie sheet and my end result was not that pretty but the bars were still good. I took some to work and they were literally gone in 10 minutes.

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!