Monday, August 9, 2010

Hunter's Blanket


I really wanted to get Kelli something special for her baby shower so I decided to make Baby Hunter a blanket. I knew it would mean a lot being as I made it. Since I recently took back up sewing I decided this was the best way to go. Although the steps were simple I was hesitant because my last attempt at applique was a failure. I gathered my patience and went to work. I started by cutting out the letters of his name from fabric.
Next I sewed them onto the top layer of fleece. From there I combined the top and bottom layer of fleece together and added a blue silk binding around the edges.
Done.

Or so I thought; in my last stretch of binding I ruined a corner that I couldn't redeem. After much thinking of how to save the blanket ( not only had it taken me a few hours but this was the night before the shower) I saw my left over fabric from his name. I cut pieces out of the remains and placed them over each corner.




The blanket looked amazing and I was proud to give it to her.

Although the gift was for Matt, Kelli, and Baby Hunter I was as happy as they were to receive it. The feeling of giving a homemade gift not only touched their hearts but mine and the accomplishment of finishing the blanket when I had my doubts and concerns was rewarding to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!