Friday, February 10, 2012

Fitness Friday

Exercise has always been something I loved, I love working out, getting fit, and being healthy. I spent a year studying personal training at WSU before deciding I wasn't positive "training" was the area I wanted to go into, I kind of liked the nutritionist side of things (although I am not the healthiest eater myself).

Lately I have really been getting back into exercise and eating better. Before Mason, Austin and I always worked out. Then we had a baby and it took the back burner. Between work, house work and caring for a newborn I didn't give myself the time I needed for me.

Last month I took a second to evaluate myself, where was my body post baby and where did I want it to be? I was very fortunate that I only gained 9 pounds my whole pregnancy and that melted away the first few weeks post delivery. I, in no way, think I am fat or need to lose weight but I wasn't happy with the look of my body. I wasn't tight in places that needed to be. Sure, I was wearing my pre baby jeans a month after giving birth but it was uncomfortable to pull them over my belly whenever I sat down. I was self conscious about my body and didn't feel comfortable.

I decided it was time to make time for me and working out. I knew going to the gym wasn't an option, for me. I do not like the idea of leaving Mason with a few teenage girls responsible for him and however many kids are there. I worked in a gym before and I know that not all of the people working are there because they need a paycheck, some actually like watching kids but I didn't want to risk him being put on the floor then stepped on by bigger kids or finding something to choke on. I started doing quick home circuits in the evenings or while Mason napped. I instantly felt better about myself.

Next I got a copy of Insanity. This was just what I needed. If you are looking for a great intense workout and are willing to push yourself, TRY IT!! The videos vary for 20-60 minutes so if I don't have a ton of time I am still getting at least a small workout in.

I am still not where I want to be, but the changes are getting there, also I have more energy and confidence .



If you are interested in starting an exercise program but don't know where to start or not sure you have the time, let me help you! Start small, little 20 minute circuits in your living room are not only convenient but they burn calories! Schedule a time each day to workout, write it in your planner, lay out your gym clothes. Days that you don't feel like sweating take a minute to remember your goals whether it be to lose weight, feel better or fit in a bikini.
and now for my Fitness Friday, here is what this week of workouts looked like...

Sunday- 60 minutes of Insanity
Monday- Off
Tuesday- 15 minute morning circuit 30 jumping jacks, 10 crunches, 5 push ups, 10 squats, 10 tri push ups, 25 high knees, 10 squat jumps, 10 crunches, 10 push ups, 10 burpees, 1 minute wall sit, 20 crunches (Repeat 3 times) 
Wednesday- 1.5 mile run
Thursady- 36 minute Insanity workout
Friday- Home circuit - 50 seconds of each/10 second rest
              jumping jacks
              mountain climber
              ski jumps
              burpees
              plank
              squat jumps
              lunge switch jumps
              mountain climber
              frog jumps
              crunches
              high knees
              push ups
              burpees
              squat jumps
              plank - knee to elbow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!