Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I literally almost peed my pants!

I thought it would be fun to share a funny little story with you all.

Monday I had my sonogram and I was so worried about drinking enough water that I literally almost peed my pants. I have never had a sonogram done before and wasn't exactly sure how it worked. Everybody kept saying drink lots of water or have fun with all that water drinking. I was so worried that if I didn't drink enough water and have a full bladder it wasn't going to work. I spent all morning drinking water. About an hour before my appointment I decided I wasn't going to use the restroom until after we were done at Baby Waves. While Austin was wiping snow and ice off the car just 30 minutes before our appointment I realized I didn't have to go to the bathroom at all. My bladder wasn't full!! Oh no I thought. I rushed around the kitchen and gulped a full 36 oz cup of water. I then filled a smaller 16oz cup to take with me. As we were getting closer to the place I realized my bladder was pretty full and thought "hey I timed this just right."  Boy was I wrong. By the time we pulled into the parking lot I was afraid to move as I knew I would wet my pants right there.

*Side note*  I have a tiny tiny tiny bladder and I am like a small child when I have to pee. If I have to go I have to go now and it's not good

Getting out of the car I realized just how full my bladder was. IT HURT! I slowly walked inside the building bow legged trying to hold it in. Austin said I looked hilarious and like I definitely had to pee. After we checked in I sat in a chair with my legs crossed. I looked at Austin and told him I had to go now, there was no more holding it for me. He told me to ask the lady up front if it would be ok. As I started to stand up I sat immediately back down. I looked at him and said "I can't move or its coming out" He laughed at me and said I had a huge look of panic on my face. He was pretty sure I was about to pee my pants right there. I finally stood up and told the lady up front I had to use the restroom and there was no way for me to hold it any longer. She pointed me in the direction and again I slowly crept bow legged down the hall. I passed a lady on the way and she gave me a giggling smile.

When I returned to the waiting room, feeling MUCH better, Austin was laughing at me. He said the lady I had passed was the ultrasound tech and when she walked in she said "that must be my next mom about to pee her pants."

Luckily for me I have to use the restroom every 15 minutes so midway through our appointment I was already trying to cross my legs again. Next time I know that needing a full bladder doesn't mean 10,000 oz of water :)

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I laughed out loud at work reading this! BTW, congratulations on the boy! I'm happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all first time moms do this! I had to pee so bad on the way to my very first sonogram that I started to feel like I was going to throw up from it hurting so bad. And then once I got there, she said my bladder was too full and to go to the bathroom. From then on I knew better than to drink the recommended ounces of water and just drank a little extra than normal. :) I'm so glad you didn't pee your pants!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!