Wednesday, January 4, 2012

small review *homemade bathroom cleaner*

I have been trying out homemade cleaners around the house. So far I have found a laundry soap recipe and a kitchen cleaner recipe i like. I found one for bathroom cleaner that I decided to try out yesterday.

It was easy to make and only involved using baking soda and dawn dish soup. all you have to do is pour however much baking soda you need in a tupperwear and add enough dawn to make it paste like.

I used about 3/4 c. baking soda and 1/4 c. Dawn.

I used a scrubbing sponge to clean the sink, bathtub, and toilet. Here is my review.

Things I liked about it....
Easy to make, all ingredients on hand

Worked as well as store bought cleaner both generic and brand name. Many reviews I read said it worked so much better than any other bought cleaner. Although I liked the way it cleaned, I would say it was just as good but not better than store bought.

It has a nice clean smell thanks to the Dawn dish soup
It wasn't harsh . I hate how bad store bought tub cleaner smells, it is potent and always makes me cough/gag.

Things I didn't like....
There really isn't anything I didn't like about this cleaner

Other notes.....
After using it on the sink I added a little water to my mixture to make it less paste like and more like a thick glue. I liked this because it was easier to rinse and removed the sand paper film the baking soda leaves.

All in all I really liked this cleaning method. It was easy, convinent, quick, worked well, and didn't have harsh chemical smells.
That being said, go try it !!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this looks good! Is Dawn dish soap just a brand of Dish wash liquid??

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts about my post!